We are gearing up for the Spring 2020 semester and we are looking forward to the return of students to Flagstaff. Peace Lutheran provides parents and students a Christian church supporting them as they pursue their education. We’ll be resuming College Bible Study every other Thursday evening at 6 pm in addition to other times for fun gatherings and sharing.
GREAT NEWS! Northern Arizona University (NAU) now has an LCMS University Campus ministry called PEACE COLLEGE CONNECT!
RIGHT HERE AT PEACE LUTHERAN CHURCH!
We are having a blast up here in Flagstaff with the Peace College Connect Ministry. God is on the move!
Statistics show that during the college years young men and women drift away from church. Being intentional about staying connected to the Lord and His church is more important than ever! That means that HAVING THE CONTACT INFORMATION OF YOUR COLLEGE AGED MEN AND WOMEN IS VITAL TO OUR SUCCESS!! We would love to have the names and contact information of any students that you have attending NAU so that we can reach out to them and let them know we are here for them and what’s happening! We offer rides to anyone who needs one. They just need to contact either the church 928-526-9578 or Monica Pape.
Here are some of the things we’ve done:
1. NAU Welcome Week Community Fair welcoming students – special guest greeter has been a comfort dog
2. College Community group meets every other Thursday evening for dinner and bible study. In the past, we’ve watched a video called “Anxious for Nothing” by Max Lucado.
3. NAU Day at church with members wearing blue and gold and serving breakfast and lunch honoring our college students.
4. Fall “Archery Lessons & Lunch”
5. Opportunities for college students to participate in services and praise team.
6. Prayer walks
7. We invite Peace College Connect group to “Peace on the Mountain Hikers Church” on the 4th Saturday during the summer and early fall.
8. “Trivia Night”
9. Homecoming float and parade